Live Just One Day at a Time

Each of us needs outside emotional support - bits and pieces of philosophy, some wise words we can use as anchors, hooks on which to hang our doubts.  Here's a little essay I ran across among daddy's papers, author unknown.  Maybe it will help you over some rough roads.

JUST FOR TODAY I will live through the next 12 hours and not tackle my whole life problem at once.
JUST FOR TODAY I will improve my mind.  I will learn something useful.  I will read something that requires effort, though and concentration.
JUST FOR TODAY I will be agreeable.  I will look my best, speak in a well modulated voice, be courteous and considerate.
JUST FOR TODAYI will not find fault with friends, relatives or colleagues.  I will not try to change or improve anyone but myself.
JUST FOR TODAY I will have a program.  I might not follow it exactly, but I will have it.  I will save myself from two enemies - hurry and indecision.
JUST FOR TODAY I will exercise my character in three ways.  I will do a good turn and keep it a secret. 
JUST FOR TODAY I will be unafraid.  Especially will I be unafraid to enjoy what is beautiful and believe that as I give to the world, the world will give to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment